It's nice to meet you

COMMUNITY

How to Meet the People of Hamilton

How to Meet the People of Hamilton

Meeting new friends is harder when you’re out of school and enter into the workforce. Friendships during youth are mostly a result of geography and convenience, where classmates and neighbours are good company. As people move away and focus on their individual interests, as school […]

Hamilton Festivals: Summer 2016

Hamilton Festivals: Summer 2016

Last year, People of Hamilton had a blast experiencing some of the festivals the city has to offer, from sampling brews at Because Beer to dancing in the rain at Supercrawl. While we can’t attend every event, we can round-up some of the most popular […]

Joanna Wilson: McMaster Professor, Scientist, Mom

Joanna Wilson: McMaster Professor, Scientist, Mom

As a child, Dr. Joanna Wilson loved animals. She thought she might be a veterinarian. In her third year of McMaster University’s biology and pharmacology program, she completed a co-op with Environment Canada and fell in love with toxicology, the study of the effects chemicals […]

Soupfest 2016 – Living Rock boils down to community

Soupfest 2016 – Living Rock boils down to community

Hamilton’s Soupfest 2016 Written by: Justin Harney – Another year, another cup of soup, but not Mr. Noodles. The hard working folks at Living Rock put on another successful instalment of Soupfest 2016, raising money and awareness for homeless youth. Raising the bar from a […]

George MacPherson brings momondays to Hamilton

George MacPherson brings momondays to Hamilton

The website says you meet the nicest people at momondays. It’s true. I went to my first momondays Hamilton event with my friend Joey Coleman. It was there I was introduced to Joy Jones, George MacPherson, and George’s partner Kathryn. You can feel the love […]

Former CHCH Personalities React

Former CHCH Personalities React

After over 129 full-time employees were let go at CHCH on Friday, the people of Hamilton and surrounding cities are still looking to the reporters they know and love for the story. Some former employees turned to Twitter to express their frustrations… Here’s what really went down at @CHCHTV […]

Locke Street Holiday Gift Guide

Locke Street Holiday Gift Guide

Back by request after the success of our James Street North Holiday Gift Guide, our Locke Street guide features items for parents, kids, the home, and the tree. Browse some of my favourite things and find last minute gift ideas in Hamilton. (This is only a selection of […]

James Street North Holiday Gift Guide

James Street North Holiday Gift Guide

The holidays are fast approaching, so I took a stroll down James St North to find some gift ideas for family and friends. From scented candles to cheeky notebooks, there is something for everyone in our James Street North gift guide. Remember, there is still another Art […]

Serve Ping Pong Bar & Lounge

Serve Ping Pong Bar & Lounge

The good times keep on rolling as Hamilton is served another spot for social gatherings. Serve Ping Pong and Lounge had its grand opening on October 15. The 10,000 square foot lounge boasts 12 ping pong tables and an extensive food and drink menu. Serve […]

The Hamilton Glowriders

The Hamilton Glowriders

Who are the Hamilton Glowriders? I had the opportunity to rent a Hamilton Social Bicycle and explore the city at night with the infamous social biking crew, the Hamilton Glowriders. There is no cost associated with riding in the group, and I was surprised to discover […]

Why Erika McMeekin is an awesome addition to Hamilton

Why Erika McMeekin is an awesome addition to Hamilton

The Academy of All Things Awesome Erika seems like the type of girl who is the life of the party. Under her newly founded enterprise, The Academy of All Things Awesome, she channels her positive energy and creativity into organizing events for the people of […]

James St North Supercrawl 2015

James St North Supercrawl 2015

In 2009, the monthly James Street North Art Crawl gave birth to Supercrawl, an ambitious annual cultural festival created by a team of Hamilton’s most fervent artists and community members. Supercrawl combines Hamilton’s diverse passions: music, performance, fashion, and visual arts to attract enthusiastic audiences […]

A Midsummer’s Dream: Hamilton’s True Colours

A Midsummer’s Dream: Hamilton’s True Colours

Inspired by the Hindu Holi Festival, Hamilton’s own A Midsummer’s Dream coloured the Gage Park sky with vibrant hues on August 15. The people of Hamilton came together for a festival celebrating music, art, food, and a close-knit community. A Midsummer’s Dream was organized by Mark Gowland with the […]

Anthony’s Struggle with Epilepsy — and how you can help

Anthony’s Struggle with Epilepsy — and how you can help

Anthony Thompson had his first seizure just after his second birthday. Shortly after, he was diagnosed with Epilepsy and was having up to 30 seizures per day on average over the course of 10 months. He worked with the McMaster Children’s Hospital to find a treatment. After […]