It's nice to meet you

COMMUNITY

Who do you love the most?

Who do you love the most?

Whether it’s a girlfriend, boyfriend, parent, sibling or even a pet (my dog is my best friend!), there is no doubt Hamilton is filled with love. Even on a hot summer day, walking down the glistening sunny streets, you can often catch people sharing a […]

Jonny Blonde: Giving Back Through Food

Jonny Blonde: Giving Back Through Food

If people are hungry, you have to feed them. It’s as simple as that for Chef Jonny Blonde, who is no stranger to cooking for a cause. A pillar of Hamilton’s food scene, you’ll often see Jonny Blonde out and about in the community, at […]

Advancing Women in the Skilled Trades

Advancing Women in the Skilled Trades

YWCA Hamilton and Workforce Planning Hamilton partnered to create AdvanceWomenInTrades.com. The website, targeted at employers, was funded by Status of Women Canada and provides resources for recruiting, retaining and advancing women in skilled trades. The project team worked with employers, stakeholders and women in trades to […]

Ecstasy Yoga: A Midsummer’s Dream Kick Off

Ecstasy Yoga: A Midsummer’s Dream Kick Off

Narula’s Banquet Hall was filled with people in glowing white clothes and neon body paint on Friday August 19th. Glow-in-the-dark Ecstasy yoga on Barton Street kicked off the Midsummer’s Dream Yoga fest last weekend, although it was only one of three activities that took place […]

Q&A with Winona Peach Festival Queen and Princesses

Q&A with Winona Peach Festival Queen and Princesses

The Winona Peach Festival has been a community event since 1967 – and a tradition in my family for years. Besides its famous peach sundaes, the Winona Peach Festival is known for its pageant for contestents between 16 and 19 years old. We chatted with […]

How to Meet the People of Hamilton

How to Meet the People of Hamilton

Meeting new friends is harder when you’re out of school and enter into the workforce. Friendships during youth are mostly a result of geography and convenience, where classmates and neighbours are good company. As people move away and focus on their individual interests, as school […]